Monroe County COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP) Guidelines Available
Program Guidelines and Applications are now available for interested hospitality industry businesses who are interested in applying for a grant through the newly created Covid-19 Hospitality Recovery Program (CHIRP).
Key eligibility items*:
- The business applying must fall under the NAICS Code for Accommodations (721) or Food Services or Drinking (722)
- The business has a tangible net worth of less than $15,000,000 and less than 300 employees.
- The business must have been in operation on February 20, 2020, paid Federal and State Income Taxes and plans to remain open.
- COVID-19 has had an adverse economic impact on the business and the business can provide proof of those impacts. Priority will be given to those businesses who can show a 50% reduction in gross revenue receipts from 2019 to 2020.
- Priority will also be given to those businesses who have not received any prior COVID-19 funding, but those who did receive other funds are not necessarily disqualified.
- If any prior COVID-19 funding was awarded to the business, the expenses covered by those funds are NOT eligible for submission to CHIRP. Additional eligible expenses must be submitted.
Click here for more information:http://www.pmedc.com/covid-19-business-resources/
Applications will be accepted by PMEDC starting March 1, 2021.
Questions can be directed to PMEDC at (570) 839-1992.
*These are not all-inclusive. See Program Guidelines for details on eligibility.