East Stroudsburg, PA October 17, 2104 – Penn Regional Business Center III is announcing that on property located on Independence Road, Route 447, they will develop a Medical Office Facility for Pocono Health System-Pocono Medical Center. The building will be 35,000 square feet and Pocono Health System-Pocono Medical Center will occupy the entire facility.
Lawry Simon, the developer of the project oversaw the groundbreaking which was attended by:
• Dave Argall 29th Senatorial District
• Mario Scavello 176th Legislative District
• Rosemary Brown 189th Legislative District
• Michelle Bisbing Director of Marketing of the Pocono Mountains Economic Development Corporation
• Smithfield Township Supervisor Chairman Brian Barrett
• Smithfield Township Supervisor Steve Carey
• Smithfield Township Supervisor Vice-Chairman Lee Bower
• Smithfield Township Zoning Officer Ken Wolfe
• Greg Dunkle, Senior Vice President and Regional Manager Gilbane Building Company
• Geoffrey Roche, Director, Community/Government Relations for Pocono Medical Center
• Keith Snidtker, Director of Facilities & Construction for Pocono Medical Center
• William Hopkins, Vice President and Chief Engineer for PRBC
Lawry Simon, President of PRBC III stated that “PRBC III’s relationship with Pocono Health System-Pocono Medical Center enabled this building which will enhance the quality of life for the residents of Monroe County.” He acknowledged the support of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Mr. Simon stated that “with the efforts, hard work, the backing and endorsement of Dave Argall 29th Senatorial District , Mario Scavello 176th Legislative District and Rosemary Brown 189th Legislative District this project has come to fruition. Their efforts will lead to the creation of over 100 construction jobs and approximately the same number of medical personnel will occupy the completed structure. We are indebted to them and realize that our success is built on their efforts in Harrisburg.”
The medical facility is part of Pocono Health System-Pocono Medical Center’s strategic expansion plans which will more readily provide medical services to the residents of Monroe County.